Could Impact Windows Protect Your Home From Burglars?
People normally associate impact windows with hurricane protection and sometimes with energy efficiency. Protecting your home from natural disasters is a must. But you also must consider that human made events can be catastrophic as well.
Most people don’t know that high-end impact windows can protect them from home invasions. How so? Well, research suggest that windows and doors are the most common entry point for burglars. So, if your windows and doors are easy to open from the outside, or if they are easy to crack/break, then you are in trouble.
If you are a Florida homeowner, you have to check out Storm Tight Windows and doors. Our impact windows and doors are built with the best technology against severe weather and break-ins. Safety feature include extra-thick 90-gauge vinyl frames, steel-reinforced sashes, 100% virgin vinyl material, and a unique interlocking latch system for maximum protection against break-ins.
Although home break-ins have dropped over the years in the US, that does not mean break-ins will not occur. Today’s technology makes home safety a lot easier for homeowners. You can report break-ins much quicker and capture images of the event with an app on your mobile device. However, if you could turn your home into a fortress, which would make it impossible for burglars to break-in, would you do it?
Keep this thought in mind. Being prepared can make the difference when it comes to losing your belongings, or a loved one.
Pre-Pandemic Home Burglary Statistics
According to ReoLink homeowners should be prepared for home break ins based on the following statistics:
- 88% of all burglaries are residential in nature.
- 77% of all crimes are property crimes.
- 3 out of 4 homes in the U.S. will be broken into within the next 20 years.
- Police usually only clear 13% of all reported burglaries due to lack of witnesses or physical evidence.
- The most common points of entry into a burglarized home are listed as follows:
- 34% of burglars enter through the front door.
· 23% of burglars gain entrance through a first-floor window.
· 22% of burglars break into a home through a back door.
· 9% of burglars enter a home through the garage.
· 4% of burglars get in a home through an unlocked entrance.
· 2% of burglars enter somewhere on the second floor (e.g. broken or opened window)
How to Protect Your Home From Home Burglaries?
If you are looking to protect your home from intruders and burglars, here is what you can do:
1. Keep your windows and doors closed/locked. Opened or cracked windows are a potential entry point for burglars. Please be sure your windows and doors are safely closed.
2. Invest in a home security system. Moderns home security systems are easily handled from your mobile device. And you can activate or report break-ins almost instantly. Don't be shy to show off your security display, these items will deter intruders from coming in.
3. Upgrade your old windows to high-end impact windows and doors. When you get high quality impact windows and doors, the chances of breaking in are minimal to none. If you want to have the best quality of protection, you have to choose the best quality impact window.
4. Upgrade your old garage door to smart door opener. If this is not an option for you, you can always secure your garage with extra locks. Remember, the garage is a common entry point for burglars.
5. Install security cameras that cover the main entry points of your home. If you have a home security system, you may not need to purchase security cameras as these are often included.
Protect Your Home With Storm Tight Windows & Doors
If you live in South Florida and you would like to protect your home and family from burglars, you must invest in high-end impact windows and doors. Keep in mind that high-end impact windows & doors will protect your family from both severe weather and burglars. Windows and doors are the most common entry point for intruders. So, it is a good idea to keep these entry points always secure.
Storm Tight Windows and doors have the Miami Dade Category 5 rating. Only Impact Windows with these ratings will provide the highest impact protection. Additionally, they will be better suited to protect your home and family from storms and home intrusions.
If you’re ready to give your home the reinforcement it deserves, get in touch with our professional team today. And if you would like to participate for a chance to win up to $25K in impact windows and doors, please text the keyword “BLOG” to 797979 and you will be automatically entered. For more information about our contest rules, click here.
Subscribe to Storm Tight Windows's Blog