What Is Causing Climate Change? What Can We Do About It?
The Impending Climate crisis has been a hot topic later this year, which promises to stay relevant for everyone around the globe. Climate activists wonder why people aren't taking enough actions to help the planet. The truth is, the world population needs to reduce harmful carbon-based emissions that are responsible for today's climate change. Unfortunately, climate change is real, and it needs to be dealt with. Fortunately, people can still take action and help the environment before it is too late.
Most people today are somewhat aware of the planet’s climate crisis. However, not everyone has realized how important is to protect our environment because we have not dealt with real consequences from climate change. Increased carbon pollution and fossil fuels are responsible for warming our planet up to a point of throwing natural ecosystems out of balance. Fossil fuels are also responsible for warmer temperatures which have caused sea levels to rise around the world. Consequently, the planet is now facing extreme weather events like hurricanes, floods, and droughts more often.
Ideally, the world population needs to adopt clean energy sources such as wind and solar power and/or find ways to reduce fossil fuels in the atmosphere. Using adequate energy sources and saving energy is what will ultimately help our planet in the long run. Now, you may be wondering how can I help conserve energy to help the environment apart from recycling or buying an electric car? Glad you ask, according to Energy Sage, there are a few options for people to help the environment from their own homes. Here they are:
Saving Energy At Home Can Help Climate Change Crisis
- Reduce Energy Consumption by either using energy-saving appliances or by e.g. hang-drying your clothes instead of using your dryer.
- Change your light bulbs to light-emitting diode bulbs (LEDs); these bad boys can use 25-80% less electricity
- Use smart Power strips that help save energy by shutting off the power in electronics when they are not in use.
- Invest in Energy-efficient Appliances: just like electric cars, these can be a bit pricier at first, but they will pay themselves out through time in reduced operating costs.
- Reduce water heating expenses: for those living in cold areas, this can be much more difficult to achieve. However, if you can afford an energy-efficient water heater, go for it.
- Install Energy Efficient Windows: windows are one of the biggest sources of energy waste and they also account for a bulk of your total energy bill. Regardless of weather and location, you will need to keep the inside of your home warm or cool. Storm Tight Impact Windows can reduce your energy consumption by up to 40%, which pays for your investment in a short period of time. Furthermore, Storm Tight energy technology will hold off cold and hot air from entering your home, which will hold off the AC or Heater from working so hard. Impact windows provide excellent insulation, helping to isolate home interiors from weather changes and contributing to significant savings on monthly utility bills.
- Upgrade your HVAC system: again, upgrading any appliance at home that uses less energy has higher purchasing prices BUT rapidly provides a return on investment within the first two years of purchase.
There are plenty of alternatives for people to help reduce climate change. This issue is a matter of taking action sooner rather than later. People need to invest in necessary energy-efficient tools, cars, home appliances, and more in order to protect the planet. If we don't take action now, we will pay a higher price when natural disasters take their toll. It is time to make a shift. Find out more about climate change and how you can help contribute right here.
Save (money) Energy With Storm Tight Windows
To our regular blog readers, take a shot at winning Storm Tight Windows $25,000 window makeover by texting “ANYA” at 797979, and you will be automatically entered to win. Alternatively, you can also TEXT a different keyword (which you can find in ALL Storm Tight Windows media channels) to 797979. TEXT to WIN right now and SHARE the same feeling for safety and security that our customers have in their homes.
By participating you consent to receive future text messages regarding your participation. No purchase required. Message & data rates apply. Terms and conditions apply. Visit Storm Tight Windows for details.
Subscribe to Storm Tight Windows's Blog