The West Palm Beach Spring Home Show 2020 begins this Friday, February 21st through Sunday, February 23rd. Homeowners of South Florida, this is your chance to start your next home improvement project. Get free passes now, or pay $10 at the door!
Where to Start Your Home Renovations?
How many of you have been considering starting your interior renovations but don’t know where to start? The WPB Home Show is a great place to initiate this process and save money as many of the exhibitors offer special discounts for attendees. Furthermore, this is a precious opportunity to ask specific questions about your project and get clear answers from experts in the matter.
Although listening to exhibitors’ feedback can be helpful, this process can also overwhelm you because then you don’t who to trust. Moreover, you may feel puzzled with so many great (similar) answers, but you still don’t know who to trust to complete your plan. The problem now is, how to choose a trusted home improvement provider?
Many would suggest to “go with a company that gives you the best feeling”. We would agree to follow your intuition but, we would also suggest you learn about your home project ahead of visiting the Home Show. Keep in mind that many projects are a lot simpler than others, but let’s consider the following example. Let’s assume you want to upgrade your windows at home, and you would like to meet some companies at the show. Since installing new windows is a much more complex process, you would require a team of experts to assist you in this task.
How to Choose An Impact Window Provider
As mentioned before, installing new impact windows is a meticulous process that requires a team with enough experience and knowledge that ensures a job well done and customer satisfaction. Therefore, to ensure your future investment, we suggest you read the following facts about Impact Windows:
- Don’t rush into obtaining a quote before meeting with the sales manager. The sales manager should review specific details about the window, and he/she should show you a sample for you to see.
- Don’t sign a contract with a window distributor unless they explain the details of the warranty and provide you with a written estimate. Please beware that “Lifetime Warranty” in the state of Florida is seven years.
- Request that their sales representative walk you through the installation process and support you with your homeowners’ association procedures associated with impact windows.
- Look for the Miami Dade County Cat 5 approval, this is the highest rating an Impact Window can receive for hurricane protection.
- BEWARE of Impact Window Distributors who claim their windows are Miami Dade Category 5 approved. You may be surprised, but there are companies that use this approval as mere advertising. For more information about the Miami Dade County Certification process for Impact Windows, click here.
- Make sure to speak with Impact Window manufacturers only as they can give you a full spec of their windows while distributors cannot. Request full disclosure of the windows materials and compare them with other competitors’ materials if needed for you to decide.
What about Window Shutters?
Hurricane Shutters appear convenient as they offer a more affordable solution for hurricane protection. They are NOT. Shutters require installation costs and they need to be un-installed (another cost) after the storm. Keep in mind that most homeowners’ associations require residents to uninstall shutters a few days after the storm.
Impact windows are the future of hurricane protection. How many homeowners look forward to installing and uninstalling window shutters? Not many. Plus, impact windows significantly increase the value of your home while shutters do not.
Visit Storm Tight Windows at the WPB Home Show
Storm Tight Windows is the official Impact Window for the WPB Home Show this weekend. Remember we are the number one Impact Window Manufacturer in South Florida with over twenty years of experience in hurricane protection and window installations. Please do not hesitate to contact any of our staff members who will gladly assist you with any questions you may have.
Make sure you follow this blog for more tips about STW windows and hurricane preparation recommendations. And if you would like to take a shot at winning $25,000 window makeover from Storm Tight Windows, you can do so by texting “ANYA” at 797979, and you will be automatically entered to win.
By participating you consent to receive future text messages regarding your participation. No purchase required. Message & data rates apply. Terms and conditions apply. Visit www.stormtightwindows.com for details.
Subscribe to Storm Tight Windows's Blog