Saving Energy Is The Solution To Climate Change
This Earth Month we want to take a stand and review ways to protect our environment. Although most people are aware of climate change, only a few of them are taking action to protect the environment. Higher temperatures around the globe are throwing our natural ecosystems out of balance. The scary part is that temperatures above normal levels lead to extreme weather. This is when we see more hurricanes-storms in one single season.
We are in a defining moment in history where every action count towards the wellbeing of our planet. If we all take responsibility and contribute with small actions, this will likely help our environment down over the long run.
The remaining question is what can you do to help the environment? Climate crisis is a global issue we all phase, but the solution begins inside your home. If everyone contributes with small actions, we will see positive changes happen.
7 Ways To Save Energy & The Environment At Home
- Invest in Energy-Efficient Appliances. You can start by switching to energy-saving appliances at home. There are plenty of appliance products with Energy-Star ratings. These products are on average 10% more efficient than those without the rating. You can find Energy Star rated dishwashers, dehumidifiers, furnaces, air conditioners, and refrigerators.
- Reduce your energy usage at home (when possible). For example, you can hang-dry your clothes instead of using your dryer. These little actions add up and help reduce your energy usage.
- Change your light bulbs to light-emitting diode bulbs (LEDs). These light bulbs can use 25-80% less electricity compared to regular ones.
- Use smart Power strips that help save energy by shutting off the power in electronics when they are not in use.
- Invest in Energy-Star Rated Windows. Windows are one of the biggest sources of energy waste and they also account for the bulk of your total energy bill. Regardless of weather and location, you will need to keep the inside of your home warm or cool. Storm Tight Impact Windows can help reduce your energy consumption by up to 40% in one month. These savings alone will give you a return on your investment.
- Use Reusable Bags- Whether you are shopping for food, clothes or books, use a reusable bag. This cuts down on litter and prevents animals from getting a hold of them. There are even some stores (such as Target) that offer discounts for using reusable bags!
- Save Water at home. You can save water at home by turning off the faucet while you are washing the dishes or brushing your teeth.
Save Energy, Save Money, Save Our Planet
Storm Tight Windows energy-efficient Impact Windows will save you money on your monthly energy bills and keep your home safe.
Energy-efficient products price is higher than regular products. But they do save you more money over the long-run and contribute to the environment.
If you are enjoying this blog, please share it on your social media! If you want to a shot at winning a $25,000 window makeover, you can do so by texting “BLOG” at 797979. If you text right now you will be automatically entered for a chance to win. Good luck!
By participating you consent to receive future text messages regarding your participation. No purchase required. Message & data rates apply. Terms and conditions apply. Visit Storm Tight Windows for details.
Subscribe to Storm Tight Windows's Blog